It shouldn’t come as a surprise that a substantial subset of veterans struggles economically and ~1.4 million veterans (6.7 percent) live in poverty.
Visit our Veteran’s Facebook page for details!
There are some differences in the process for veterans:
Qualifying for the Habitat Program
Because of your military service, our guidelines may not apply to all or some of your income. Please let us determine what should be considered income.
The applicant(s) sends us the following:
- a completed application form
- a credit report (free credit reports are available through Veterans One Stop, call 716-898-0110)
- a copy of the applicant(s) most recent income tax (if one was filed)
- copies of two recent pay stubs if the applicant(s) is currently employed
- a copy of the sponsor’s DD214 record
If the family is accepted, a second “acceptance interview” takes place, and the family begins to earn sweat equity hours.
The family has to earn 150 hours of “sweat equity”.
If you have any questions or want help completing the following application form, please call: