For more information, please contact:
(716) 204-0740 Ext. 106
Construction is what Habitat for Humanity is best known for – constructing houses for low income families.
Most of the construction that takes place are renovations/rebuilds of existing Buffalo homes donated to us. We also do three to four brand new houses a year.
We use volunteers from the community, partner families and our staff.
- No skills are required, just a desire to work and learn
- Age 16 or older
How to sign up:
- Book a date on the online volunteer schedule, viewed here
- Take the online safety course before arriving on site, the code is “W8NAEBTG”
- Groups need to schedule in advance, weekends fill up quickly. See the group volunteers page.
- Habitat construction sites are open year round, Tuesday thru Thursday and Saturday 9 to 3 pm
- Please wear closed-toed shoes and work clothes
- All tools are provided or available
- If you decide to bring your own tools, please label them
- All volunteers need to have a Release and Waiver of Liability Form signed by volunteer or a parent or legal guardian in hand when they are arrive at the site
- Usually in the City of Buffalo
- Sometimes we build in Lackawanna
Specific Volunteer Position Openings: